Cloudlands ~ Self Contained Katoomba Accommodation
Elegant Tranquil Escarpment Garden
On the escarpment, nestled in the grounds of historic “Cloudlands” is a restored Old Writer’s Retreat, offering elegant and spacious Self-contained accommodation for small groups to 8 people.
Ideal for couples/groups/ family gatherings or girls' weekends (i.e. there are 4 bedrooms – 2 double rooms with queen beds, 2 twin bedrooms) this atmospheric, romantic mountain lodge has beautiful timber features throughout and is set in over an acre of old terraced escarpment garden, which leads down to Prince Henry Cliff Walk.
- two bathrooms, (one with clawfoot bath), 3 toilets
- separate kitchen/dining
- open fire and gas heating
- Walk to the Three Sisters, restaurants and galleries and other attractions
- Oak Panelled Lounge Room
- fully equipped kitchen
- separate dining room
- escarpment verandah on back of main house (less than 7m away) with external access for guests to use
- TV/DVD player, radio/sound system. Selection of CD's and DVD's provided
- Wide selection of books and magazines, board games and challenging puzzles
- quality linen and towels
- variety of teas and coffees
- essentials for cooking - oil, herbs
- organic milk and butter in fridge on arrival
- complimentary home baked treats for a leisurely morning or afternoon tea
Our beautiful oak-panelled lounge room with unusual beamed ceiling, conjures up another era, when life was a bit slower and there was time to sit by the fire reading a good book or just conversing with family and friends over tea/coffee and home-baked treats. Lift up the lounge room windows in Springtime and you’ll smell the lilac and magnolia blossoms.
– beyond that, the garden courtyard (with lazy steamer chairs) and then winding steps leading you down, down into our beautiful garden with secret corners to explore. Perhaps you’ll find a spot for quiet contemplation, or be tempted to wander down further, further, onto Prince Henry Cliff Walk for invigorating bushwalks and breathtaking views from the many lookouts.
Guests are also welcome to use the escarpment verandah on the back of the main house with its separate entrance.
Our bedrooms are bathed in soft, sleep-inducing colours with some themed on Australian wildflowers. Beautiful linen and electric blankets are on all beds.
The fully-equipped kitchen enables you to cook as much or as little as you like. Don’t forget you can walk to quality Blue Mountains restaurants such as Solitary, The Rooster French Restaurant and the Pins on Lurline just nearby. We also supply a variety of teas, coffees.
The verandah is an ideal place for lingering breakfasts with parrots and rosellas in the apples trees for company.
We want you to feel a little pampered during your Leura/Katoomba accommodation stay at Cloudlands in the Blue Mountains and know you’ll enjoy soaking in the claw foot bath. Some natural toiletries will be provided for your enjoyment.
You'll love your stay at Cloudlands – The TOTAL Blue Mountains experience for all seasons and reasons.