Blue Mountains Accommodation Australia at Cloudlands Katoomba offers An Elegant and Spacious Romantic Mountain Lodge
Historic self contained Blue Mountains accommodation at Cloudlands Katoomba near the Three Sisters and Leura attractions, is a great location nestled in an acre of escarpment garden with private access to scenic walks.
Elegant Tranquil Escarpment Garden
Look what’s at the bottom of our garden – Prince Henry Cliff Walk!
Welcome to Cloudlands.
Please step inside the Old Writers Reateat »
On the escarpment, nestled in the grounds of historic “Cloudlands” in the Blue Mountains is a restored Old Writer’s Retreat, offering elegant and spacious self-contained accommodation for up to 8 people. Ideal for couples/groups/ executive retreats (i.e. there are 4 bedrooms – 2 double rooms with queen beds, 2 twin rooms) this atmospheric, romantic blue mountain lodge has beautiful timber features throughout and is set in over an acre of old terraced escarpment garden, which leads down to Prince Henry Cliff Walk.
Other Cloudlands Blue Mountains Accommodation features
- two bathrooms, (one with clawfoot bath), 3 toilets
- separate kitchen/dining
- open fire and gas heating
- Walk to the Three Sisters, restaurants, galleries and other attractions
- Oak Panelled Lounge Room
- fully equipped kitchen
- separate dining room
- escarpment verandah on back of main house (less than 7m away) with external access for guests to use
- 42 Solar panels provide clean, green, grid-connected solar energy: Another good reason to stay at Cloudlands!
- Complimentary WELCOME PACK on arrival, containing gift/discount vouchers to a number of small businesses, fair trade organic plunger coffee, fresh eggs from Cloudlands’ hens (when available), home-made butter biscuits containing organic spelt flour and butter, tourist information.
- Part of Sanctuaries You Can Stay, Humane Society International
- Cultural Tourism and Slow Travel at its finest: Ancient landscapes to explore, diverse bird life to discover, real/local food to enjoy – and unique, historic accommodation to relax in!
Our bedrooms are bathed in soft, sleep-inducing colours with some themed on Australian wildflowers. Beautiful linen and electric blankets are on all beds.
The fully-equipped kitchen enables you to cook as much or as little as you like. Don’t forget you can walk to quality Blue Mountains restaurants such as Solitary, The Rooster French Restaurant and the Pins on Lurline just nearby. We also supply a variety of teas, coffees.
The verandah is an ideal place for lingering breakfasts with parrots and rosellas in the apples trees for company.
We want you to feel a little pampered during your Leura/Katoomba accommodation stay at Cloudlands in the Blue Mountains and know you’ll enjoy soaking in the claw foot bath. Some natural toiletries will be provided for your enjoyment.
You'll love your stay at Cloudlands – The TOTAL Blue Mountains experience for all seasons and reasons.
*Member Humane Society International’s Wildlife Land Trust
*Member Blue Mountains Accommodation and Tourism Association